As you know, every country has many cultural differences. It will be easier for you to make friends and enjoy your stay if you understand some of the following customs:
- Introduce yourself by your first name.
- Greet people with a handshake.
- Dress and act very casual, especially in Myrtle Beach.
- Use greetings like "Hello" and ask "How are you?"
- Respect personal space. Generally we stand about one arm's length away.
- Be on time to your appointments, arriving 15 minutes late is considered rude.